Sunday, January 6, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Saturday:
Distance: 3 miles - Time: 40:14 - Avg Pace: 13:23/mi.
Calories: 350
Soundtrack: The All-True Travels and Adventures of Lidie Newton

Today:
Distance: ? - Time: ? - Avg Pace: ?/mi.
Calories: ?
Soundtrack: The All-True Travels and Adventures of Lidie Newton

Half a mile or so into my walk today, my Nike+ sensor ceased to exist, according to the bit that plugs into my iPod. It told me my activity had stopped, even though I was still moving, and then couldn't locate the shoelace-top sensor when I tried to reset it. Not cool. I tried several more times to get it working again, including pressing the mystery button on the sensor's backside, to no avail. So I walked around Prospect Park, tried to calculate how much farther I would need to go after that in order to get me to five miles by my front door. I think it turns out I was a couple tenths of a mile short, but whatcha gonna do? After reading some forum entries on the Nike+ website, I believe to have gotten the ol' boy working again; I'll keep you posted.

No comments: