Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweet Sixteen and Never Been So Unexpectedly Soaked on a Walk

It rained this morning. I was expecting this; I intentionally waited to walk until after noon, because by that time, the weather was supposed to have cleared up. And clear up it did, with the exception of a few moments' sprinkle...until my last lap through Center Drive in Prospect Park (I'd calculated that 16 miles was three laps all the way around the park, two through Center Dr, and the trip to and from my house). Then it started to rain lightly...and then it poured. I hear that's what it does when it rains...At any rate, I walked my 16 miles, and I'm feeling pretty good now, five hours later. And now, for some truths:

Resolved:

- Marathon training on a treadmill is laaame, and even doing it for just four miles last week made me feel like this little dude on the right.

- My new Nike+ sensor is even worse than the first one, and is already acting up. I'm done with these pieces of rubbish, and am planning to get a better piece of equipment of some sort.

- Something funky is going on with one of my toenails. The nail of the longest toe of my longer foot must be clunking into the front of my walking shoes on my long walks (and probably the short ones as well, but without the same impact), and, well, it's funky. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

No comments: