Wednesday, December 12, 2007

City Girl

Time: 40:08 - Distance: 3.2 miles - Avg Pace: 12:31/mi.
Calories: 373
Soundtrack: The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry

This afternoon was my first walk in Manhattan. I brought exercise clothes to school and decided to use the time between an after-class appointment and 7:00 tutoring for a workout. Not bad. Didn't have to do a whole lot of waiting at traffic lights, and I did more than half the walk along the walkway next to the West Side Highway. Farther up or downtown or somewhere, there's space to walk along the water that's more Hudson River Park-y. The trickiest part was trying to decide when to turn so that I would end up at school at the end of the walk; it was my first time not doing an out-and-back. I estimated pretty well and finished up just a couple blocks away. And being in the FCI locker room when I don't have to be rushing to class is really nice; I recommend it. In fact, any time you spend lesiurely time somewhere you're usually pressed for time is a treat. And now...time for bed. Sending out well-wishes to my dad's ouchy foot!

No comments: