Sunday, December 16, 2007

You'll Never Walk Alone

Saturday:
Time: 1:01:51 - Distance: 4.98 miles - Avg Pace: 12:24/mi.
Calories: 581
Soundtrack: Talking to Amanda

My friend Amanda came on today's walk with me--my longest yet. She totally kept up...or maybe I totally kept up...and we ended up with a very respectable pace. It was my first time walking all the way around Prospect Park, which allowed me to discover that from home to the park, one lap around, and then back home, is just about five miles. That'll come in handy when I get to mileage walks rather than time walks. It's fun to walk with a friend, too; the hour went really quickly and it was a great opportunity to catch up. Made me realize how much my mom lost when her close friend and walking buddy moved out of the neighborhood. Amanda's game for more walks in the future; lucky me!

No comments: