Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nice Talkin' to Ya, Lance!



I wanted to share this with you, because I'm excited about and proud of how my pace improved over the course of the walk. I also input my weight into my nano, and so it's now calculating my calories burned as well. Here are some happy things:
  • As I continued to move my feet more and more quickly (which is, I learned in my last walking lifetime, how you walk faster--not bigger strides), not a lick of soreness in my shins. Which leads me to believe I just needed to start using them and stretching them and showing them what they need to do for me.
  • I started doing a little of the classic speed-walking rear-end swing, and it really seemed to propel me forward.
  • At the end of my 30 minutes, Lance Armstrong came on and congratulated me for my personal best mile time. At the very end of the walk, I was actually doing an 11:52 mile, which is pretty cool. We'll see where I can get to and sustain it, but it's a nice feeling to be at that pace even for a moment.
  • I think I have a place on a charity team! I'll make an official announcement once I'm sure.
  • It was raining this morning, and then it stopped. And then I walked.
  • No comments: