Saturday, November 17, 2007

Life on the Farm

Time: 45:07 - Distance: 3.69 miles - Avg Pace: 12:13/mi.
Calories: 430 - Shins: Decent - Left Knee: Little Sketchy
Soundtrack: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

First, I want to thank my most recent donors:

Jean Sandler
Steve & Maggie Greif
Geoffrey Greif
Elizabeth Stoll

Your generosity is hugely appreciated and is helping me to reach my goal. Hooray!

Tonight's walk was my longest ever--Paula told me so--and the pace was quicker than I thought it was going to have been, if that makes sense. That is, as I was walking, I didn't think I was keeping up the sort of pace it turned out I was. So yay for that. The first part of tonight's A, V, M was about markets and agriturismi that Kingsolver and her husband visited in Italy. Such a pleasure, and as I just browsed for a good agriturismo link, I thought, hey, what if we lived in one of those while we're overseas? I don't know if anybody actually spends extended periods at them, but at the least, it was not only a delightful window into Italian food culture, but it also gave me personal food for thought. Nice.

No comments: