Sunday, November 25, 2007

Not a Vampire

Time: 35.05 - Distance: 2.9 miles - Avg Pace: 12:04/mi.
Calories: 338
Soundtrack: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

I did it! Got out and walked before dark! The advantage to this is the warmer temps--even took my fleece off partway through--and more people around, if you like that sort of thing. The disadvantage is that there are more people around, a lot of them in cars, and so I can't always cross a street when I get to the corner. This sometimes means crossing back and forth in the direction that's permitted by the light until my way is clear in the other direction, and that just looks silly. Sure, I could pause the workout on the Nike+, but it stops the flow of things. Today I tried to trot across the street shortly before a car was coming and got a window rolled down and something yelled at me. I think I like the catcalls better, but it's a close contest.

No comments: