Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'll Try Anything Once

You may be wondering where my workout stats and purdy pictures are. I'm trying out a blogger.com feature that allows me to e-mail postings to a special address made just for me, which then publishes them to the World Wide Universe. What better use of the time on the train between home and tutoring? Several of the people around me are snoozing, but I just had an invigorating! walk, and so my peepers are open. For now, I'll just tell you that yesterday's walk was, on average, my fastest ever, due in part to a burst of speed at the end, during which I tried to reach the corner of my street before my 30 minutes were up. I got darn close, and ended up doing what was probably racewalking, but felt like the Road Runner as he jets away from Wile E. Coyote. I think the pace of that quickest moment was 11:19/mile, but I don't feel as though it's anything I could keep up over time--at least not yet. But an interesting experiment. Today's
walk was slow, my slowest in a couple weeks. But I'm okay with that. Some days it's an accomplishment just to get out the door and start moving. I also ventured farther beyond our neighborhood than I usually do during my workouts, and discovered that outside our yuppie
enclave, more men have something to say to a woman walking by in stretchy pants. Nice to be noticed and all, but I don't have much to say back. And that is why we have headphones.

No comments: